Explore the adventure of outdoor camping with Nature Calls! Enjoy the vast expanse of greet tinted forests, the symphony of water falling down a mountain stream, and the abundance of wild life as all co-exist on majestic mountains. When it comes to nature, sometimes you just "gotta go"!
In this 2-Day Workshop students will use Claudia's multi-hooping technique for 100% perfect placement.
*Price includes a light lunch and refreshments each day*
- Master your embroidery machine
- Improve hooping skills
- Re-position designs within the hoop
- Rotate designs for precision placement
- Marking grid for "1st Stitch Placement"
- "Sew through a design" without thread
- Get tips and techniques that make your embroidery flat, fun and flawless!
- Learn how to read and use the 20 1/2" ruler
- Have an 8"x12" hoop or larger
- Have a machine for formats art, exp, dst, hus, jef, pes, vip or vp3
- Bring an empty USB drive that will work with their embroidery machine
- Each student is required to purchase the design Nature Calls! by Claudia Dinnel ($90) as well as any necessary fabric, threads and/or stabilizer to attend the workshop. This is in addition to the $150 class fee. *See Below*
Students will receive the full pattern of Claudia's Creations USB drive. If their machine cannot read this USB drive, the files will be copied and transferred to the USB drive the student brings to class.
NOTE: After the workshop each student will be responsible for transferring the Design and Instruction Folders from the USB drive to a computer or external hard drive. USB drives are temporary storage and are known to fail. The student is responsible for immediately transferring the information from the USB to their computer. The designs and instructions will not be replaced by Claudia's Creations.
Nature Calls! Supply List
Finished size 48”x 64” Design: Nature Calls! by Claudia Dinnell $90.00 (each student must purchase the design to attend the workshop)
Embroidery machine with an 8" x 12" or larger embroidery field
Fabric Supply List:
- 2 yards Cream tone on tone Background Fabric
- 1 ½ yards Blue Sashing & Border Fabric
- ¼ yard Gold Fabric for Quarter Inch Borders surrounding blocks
- 1/3 yard Contrast fabric (Green) for Seminole Piecing
- 5 yards Fusible Woven Interfacing by OESD or Shape Flex 101 by Pellon (20” wide)
- 2 yards Outer Border Fabric (no piecing) (Not needed in class)
- ½ yard Binding (Not needed in class)
- 4 yards Backing (Not needed in class)
- 72” x 60” Batting (Not needed in class)
Embroidery Supply List:
Hoop Requirements: stitch field must be 8” wide x12” high or larger
All Hoops must have a grid/template Light to Medium Weight Tear Away (5 yards)
- 1 Roll Polymesh Cutaway Stabilizer by OESD (15” wide x 10 yards)
- Temporary Adhesive Spray Removable fabric marking pen (thin tip/ do not use air erasable)
- Embroidery Needles 80/12 Terial Magic Starch (mandatory)
- Basic embroidery kit including small doubled curved scissors, tweezers Large Wonder Clips (4-6 clips) to hold embroidery out of the way
- Arrow shaped post it notes by Post-It-Notes
Isacord 40 wt. Embroidery Thread Greens (Trees): Browns: Tans: Blue & Gray:
Additional Colors: 5934 Moss Green, 1233 Pony, 0722 Khaki, 3842 Copenhagen, 0015 White, 5833 Limabean, 0941 Golden Grain, 1123 Carmel Crème, 0152 Dolphin, 0020 Black, 6133 Caper, 0747 Golden Brown, 1172 Ivory, 5633 Lime, 0922 Ashley Gold, 0453 Army Drab, 1115 Copper
Sewing Thread: 50wt. Cotton Thread matching the fabric for piecing
Basic sewing kit including scissors, pins, rotary cutter & mat, long straight ruler, etc.
Optional but recommended: 20 ½” square ruler for accurate marking & trimming
Note: You will receive the full pattern, Nature Calls! on a USB drive in the workshop. Please bring your own USB drive that you know works with your embroidery machine in case my USB doesn’t work on your machine. Family, friends, and animals are not allowed to audit the workshop! Only the student paying for the workshop may attend.